Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Beginning of the End of the Journey

No more merit required merit badges,
no more blue cards,
no more paperwork,
no more project.
Hunter turned everything in today, and is awaiting a board of review
to become an Eagle Scout.
Congratulations!

The best part of this process has been reading his letters of recommendation.
Normally they're sealed until the board of review.
But two teachers gave him a copy.

My favorite lines, are "Hunter has an incredible sense of right and wrong,
his moral integrity is beyond reproach.
He takes pridei n his faith, his family,
his citizenship and commitment to others.
He is a shining example of what his fellow students should strive for.
With a student such as him I do not fear for the future of this great country."

I told Hunter my journey is coming to a close as well.
When I can read these words, from somebody else,
then I know I've done all I can do. He will be able to do the rest.

7 comments:

shirlgirl said...

You obviously have done a stupendous job in raising your sons. And to Hunter, congratulations on a job well done. You are to be commended for all that you have done. You have a great Mom and Dad who have given you wonderful values. I see no reason why you wouldn't become an Eagle Scout. You have done everything and a source of pride in the Hutchins/Schenewark family.

Becky said...

Wow! This made me teary. I'm so proud of YOU and Hunter. What an amazing accomplishment. I asked Hunter if he would write a letter to Kaleb encouraging him to finish his Eagle. :)

Jenny said...

SWEET!
and congratulations Hunter~

Bachland :) said...

hunter, Hunter, HUNTER!!!!!!

A job well done, congratulations

NeeNee said...

What a wonderful letter to receive. Three cheers for you Hunter. Way to go!

Alana said...

Congratulations Hunter, a boyscout, a ladies man, a smartie, a moral example- what more could a mother hope for?

Moriah said...

Hunter, we are proud of you. I honor to call you my nephew and now I can call you my Eagle Scout Nephew! You are the man!