Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Letter #47

Dear Family and Friends,

This has been a roller coaster week. First, I returned to the dentist, and will be going back later today. He will clean my gums. Basically, all that I've been doing is delaying the spread of gingivitis. I don´t know why the other dentists didn't do the cleaning immediately, but it will be done today. I am humbly asking for your prayers that everything will go well without complications and that I can continue to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and force. This is been a recurring, trying challenge. Obviously, it doesn't compare with what others are going through, nevertheless, I hope that this can be put behind me once and for all this afternoon.

This week, we were blessed to meet some awesome families. They have been prepared, and love what we've been teaching. One family, has been married for 21 years, literally unheard of in Brasil, and have 5 children, also unheard of. As we've taught them, I've felt the Spirit confirming to me, that I've been in Quissamã to bring the gospel to them. Most likely, this will be my last week as transfers are next Tuesday. One never knows, but I feel like I've done my job here.


(A dry sea horse)

This week really been an opportunity to put challenges behind, and just keep pressing ever onward. I hope everything is well there, and Grampy will recover.

Love,

Elder Schenewark

ps. just a reminder, to put ave maria photos on packages. I got a call from the mission office that a package came in, I don´t know who sent it,  but unfortunately it came in with 200 reais worth of taxes. The post office workers here apparently select some packages to put taxes on. Other missionaries, as Tanner has attested to, cover the package with ave marias and never have any problems.

1 comment:

Bachland :) said...

We think know who sent the package and it was well covered with the prescribed Ave Maria stickers. The good news is tucked deep inside one of the little boxes of snacks inside are some Brazilian reais to cover the required taxes. $61.00 in taxes for peanut butter and trail mix, we'll get more creative with the next box!