Friday, January 29, 2010

Beautiful Eyes

Remember when I learned that food experts won't eat potatoes unless they're organic? They mentioned potato farmers not wanting to eat them either. So I experimented. Organic potatoes were on sale last week for $1.50 a bag. Organic food also needs to be sold, eventually. I bought a ton. And in a few days, had these beauties sprouting out of my potato. Still waiting on the three week old regular potatoes to sprout. I'm hooked. Now I know why there use to be food cellars, and why I'm wishing I had one.

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I am not sure I believe organic is better, now here might be some proof. The longer it lasts, the better it is!!

Jenny said...

Put them in your garage. Last longer! (Or dig a potato pit...)
http://jennysdailyblessings.blogspot.com/2009/04/and-now-rest-of-story.html

LL said...

interesting!

Becky said...

I can't imagine they would last very long with 6 boys in your house. I'm an organic junky.