Monday, January 2, 2017

Letter #72

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfers arrived! I was surprised with the news that I´ll be staying! My new companion is Elder A. Pereira, from São Paulo. This will be his last transfer as a missionary. He actually already served here as zone leader in Campos, and is now coming back.


This week the streets were completely empty. Completely. Everyone went to the beach. If the people aren´t coming to us, we decided to go after them. Its an area a little bit distant, but we spent this week visiting the people who live near the beach, and therefore are in their houses. And, it worked! we had quite a few people come to church this Sunday, without us even going after them. No one there has heard of the gospel, so it was a good opportunity to share it with everyone.


This week I again finished the Book of Mormon. I know its true. Its true. I can´t deny that and never will. It's blessed my life immeasurably. I am so grateful for its teachings, clear and simple, that show the path to our Heavenly Father and eternal life. It strengthens my testimony of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. The Only Begotten of the Father. I love Him and am so grateful for his atonement that strengthens me and allows me to repent. Please read the Book of Mormon this year. It will bless and change your life.

Love,

Elder Schenewark

1 comment:

Bachland :) said...

It was so good to see your bright smiling face Christmas Day!