Saturday, September 24, 2016

Bad Bass Boy

One of Sawyer's favorite activities is to watch you tube videos on fishing tips, techniques, catches. He thinks he wants to make his own you tube page, and was throwing out some names. His favorite name was "Everything You Need to Know About Fishing." I might have laughed. Thinking he might need something a little more catchy. He wants viewers, numbers, audience. My first suggestion was "Big Mouth Boy." He got the play on Big Mouth Bass but didn't think people, interested in fishing, would get the play on words. Then I cast out "Big Bass Boy," and quickly switched to "Bad Bass Boy." I know, a little irreverent. It's the Grampy gene, but I laughed and laughed. And laughed. I'm still laughing."


So, Saturday's will be dedicated to Sawyer and his love of fishing. This is his most recent three pound plus large mouth bass that he caught..


He likes to fit his hand in that BIG mouth.


His father didn't catch anything. Again. When I asked him why, he said he needs to change the type of fishing line he's using.


So there's Sawyer's first tip. If you're not catching fish, try changing your line. It may be the wrong color, too heavy, too light, or both.



1 comment:

Bachland :) said...

Bro. B. is bewildered by the Big Bad Bass Boy brilliant method of removing the bait. Just reach down the throat of the poor fish and get your hook back!