Friday, April 16, 2010

Moms Are the Best!

Mom tackled my mending pile: Done!
She made a long sleeve shirt into short sleeves, and made Miller a bag out of the cut off sleeve.
She found safe places to plant a garden,
and enlisted a junior gardener to tend her gardens.

She taught Cooper, who asked, how to knit.

She played many scrabble games with the older boys.
She took me shopping.
Bought me some spring-y shoes and purse.
She bought me food.
She sat with me at baseball games.
She sewed scout shirts.
She did my wash.
She did my ironing.
She left.
Too quickly!
But her presence still lingers all over my house.
Thanks for the visit, Mom!

5 comments:

LL said...

what a treat!

Smilin' sunshine said...

nice mom!!

shirlgirl said...

I told Uncle David that your Mom would be busy doing "her thing" when she got to your house. I'm sure it was wonderful to have all those chores done for you. A nice "vacation" for you and wonderful service from your Mom--that's what she is all about. Love that sister-in-law of mine!

Becky said...

WOW! I'm so grateful you were able to have that time. I was so sad to hear that she had to leave early. :(

Jenny said...

She's like a breath of fresh mending, gardening, cooking, cleaning and SHOPPING! all rolled up in one quick breeze...
Lucky you!!
xo