Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Wishes!

Although I love this letter my husband wrote last year more,
this is a sweet poem that honors his father's birthday today.
Happy Birthday Dad!

Life Lessons

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grown apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The man I am today;
You helped build a strong foundation
No one can take away.
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
By Joanna Fuchs

3 comments:

Becky said...

I went back and read the letter - so sweet. Happy Birthday to Jarrod's dad.

LL said...

That's the kind of thing every parent would want to hear from their son. So nice!!!
(love your picture up top)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Jarrod's Dad!