Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Letter #36

Dear Family and Friends,


Transfer calls generally come at 9:00 a.m., but this morning was a little delayed. So I impatiently waited. But it was worth it. I´m going to Rio de Janeiro!!!! Not the city, but the state. City of Quissamâ. Its closer to Rio de Janeiro than to Vitoria, the area farthest south of the mission. And I´ll be training!!!! That´s the best news.



President Young called today, and said that this area has been having lots of problems with missionaries, and it's too far to visit regularly, so he needed someone he could trust to be obedient and work. Obedience, and diligence. I love it. 



I don´t know much yet, but I am super excited. Being junior companion, was well, really hard. Really, really hard. But it appears those days are past.


 I don´t know the name of my companion, but he´s obviously new here, and a Brasilian. And we´re going south. It will be just the two of us for the branch there, so we´ll be completely free of distractions. Lots of baptisms coming.


 Quissamâ has a branch, is just a little south of Campos, and is a small town, about 20,000 people.


This week was bland. Honestly, it was a fight just to keep things working on some level here. I figured I´d be transferred, and said goodbye to the ward members yesterday. And they love me. I´m ready for a new area, but it was still tough to see. I spent almost five months here.  Five months!



I don´t really have anything else to write about.....just excited for this next transfer.


I love you all!!!!!!!



Elder Schenewark

No comments: