Monday, April 4, 2016

Daddy Love

Dear Hunter,

I am sure you are to watch some conference and it is nice to think that you were watching it at the same time as us. You are missed. It would be nice to hear your laugh, however thank you for being such a good example to your brothers and doing what is right. How are the teeth? Are there problems with the wisdom teeth or is everything under control?

The days here have been glorious. The Bluebonnets are blooming. There are fields of Indian Paintbrush. And other fields of various wildflowers which are yellow, white, various shades of purple, etc. I have a great drive to work as I pass ranches with green grass and a kaleidoscope of cattle. I guess it is a kaleidoscope of cattle as long as you consider different shades of brown, and different patterns of black-and-white. But it is nice to go through the rolling hills and see the blue sky. I usually leave our bedroom curtain open so that I can see the sunrise reflected off our neighbor’s house. It makes his house the kind of golden color. I also like to see the blue blue sky and often the early vultures flying high above the rooftops.

Speaking of vultures, one day Breyer was very cranky. So I made up a new game. It is to see who can attract a vulture (or buzzard) first. The object of the game is to lie down on the driveway and act as if you were dead. Need to be perfectly still, and perfectly quiet (thus you may see why this is a great game when Breyer is cranky), and see if you can get a vulture to land next to you. I came pretty close the other day and decided to move when one vulture began to circle real low.

I took Porter up to a soccer game in Denton on Friday. His high school team is in the state playoffs at the game Friday was for the area championship. The drive is about an hour and a half, but we had great time spending it together. I think soccer is a great game. And when he arrived at the student section to sit? They were all cheering for him.

I’ll have to share some bishop stories with you. It is good to serve in that capacity (for the most part). This good to have the opportunity to help people, especially before they ask. Here is a good quote from Joseph Smith concerning our service:

”The things of God or of deep import; in time and experience a careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out. Thy mind, O Man, if that will lead a soul onto salvation, must stretch as high as the upmost heavens and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss and the broad expanse of eternity -thou must commune with God!”

I am trying to do that, and have had in a short space of time a number of incidences which confirm that I am doing what heavenly father would want me to do. I hope those events will continue, even if there are bumps in the road. I hope you receive the letter which I wrote along with some pictures.

Keep up the good work and continue to write good letters.

Love,

Dad

2 comments:

Bachland :) said...

Thanks Dad! I think I needed that letter also today.

shirlgirl said...

Nice letter, Jarrod.