Friday, October 2, 2009

H1N1 Update

We received a letter from school informing us that "the majority of cases of flu-like illnesses currently circulating are most likely H1N1. Most cases have been fairly mild..." My observations are that it is very contagious. Classes are 1/3 their normal size. It is a very bronchial flu, lots of nose drainage. I thought I had a cold; I think I was the first one in the family to experience swine flu. We know it hits those with compromised immune systems the hardest. I wouldn't consider Hunter as having poor health, he rarely gets sick, but he struggles with athlete's foot, which is related to the autoimmune system. Thus far he's had it the worst.

6 comments:

Duncan Chaos said...

I am happy Hunter is feeling better, we missed him at the B-Day party last night. Maybe the flu won't be as bad as everyone thinks.

shirlgirl said...

Hopefully he is feeling better. Sure do hope that flu doesn't hit this are, as Uncle D certainly doesn't need to get that with what he is going through right now. He's not in any big crowds anyway which is fortunate.

Becky said...

Feel better Hunter. We are holding our breath over here...

Jenny said...

Hmmm... foot fungus and swine flu?
Your boys could probably come up with a really catchy name for that strange combination!
Glad Hunter's on the mend.
xo

Amy M. said...

I'm glad to hear Hunter is a little better. We received a similar letter from Sai's School the second week of August. Kids and doctors were already reporting the swine flu the first week of August. And our pediatrician was having anxiety attacks about the flu season this year (not so comforting to hear that from a doctor). Crazy- I know.

NeeNee said...

How is Hunter fairing today? I think we all had the flu back in May. It was awful. At work if we choose not to get the flu shot, we have to wear a mask for the next 5 months while doing patient care. I suppose when I'm at work I will be wearing a mask.