Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Coming Out of the Closet

At the risk of alienating myself from my neighbors and community, I'm coming clean. This secret I carry has to come out! I'm tired of hiding ;-) This summer, while visiting New Hampshire, the gift of all gifts that keep on giving was given to me: lice. Just a moment. LICE. I feel better. I have become an expert on this subject, which can be a good thing, and now see it everywhere, including parent pick up lines, children waiting to be picked up, and grocery store clerks. Thankfully I am the only member of my family that was given this gift that keeps on giving. But credit is due my nit pickers, and it is time to hand out the awards. Miller, for asking the most questions about bags on my head, gets the "Why Me?" Award. Sawyer, who has the most astute eyes and could find those nits faster than they could be pulled, gets the "Xray Vision" Award. Cooper, who tried everything from tweezers to scissors, gets the "Not Outwitted by the Nit Wits" Award. Porter, who was conveniently gone everyday all day gets the "Perfect Planner" Award. Hunter, who stayed up late on the first night and did a duty no one wanted, a lot, gets the "Mr. Sympathy" Award. Tanner, who started weak and finished strong, gets "Most Improved" Award. And Jarrod, who chose to still sleep with me in the same bed, gets the "Courage Under Attack" Award. As a side note, not ever having experienced this plague of all plagues, have determined that Rid needs to be rid of, Listerine soaks are pretty effective, as are Vinegar, but Denorex shampoo wins the award for delousing the louse.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Ugh! I hope I never have to go through this! I can't believe you're the only one who had it.

LL said...

oh man!

Duncan Chaos said...

You should have talked to me about this! We were experts when in public school. I have a formula you need to know about! Talk to me!

NeeNee said...

I didn't realize that lice are so difficult to get rid of. Good to see you are being supported by your boys.

Becky said...

Duncan Chaos needs to SHARE the remedy for possible future infestations. Here's hoping that the plague will be gone...for GOOD!

CubSctAnn said...

D.Chaos... SHARE YOUR SECRETS! Let's see if they match up to what we've all used to knit the nits :)