Sunday, October 9, 2016

With All My Love

Dear Elder Schenewark, boys, and friends,

In your honor, we'll begin calling our egg-in-the-hole breakfast hole-in-ones. Just sayin'!

Ryder Cup news? The United States won for the first time since 2008 at Valhalla, and featured the most lopsided American victory since a 9-point win in 1981 at Walton Heath. As in 2008, the U.S. never trailed during the tournament. Ryan Moore defeated Lee Westwood by 1 hole to reclaim the Cup with three matches still in progress.

Breyer went down with strep Thursday morning. So glad I wasn't working. Then Miller woke up Friday morning. Sick again with strep. So sick. He had a 104 something fever by the time we got to the doctor's office. He had just finished his medicine a week ago today. Now he'll be tested after he finishes the medicine to make sure he's not a carrier. He fell asleep tonight crying, not wanting to have his tonsils taken out. He's scared to death.




Miller didn't get to play soccer due to strep, his second weekend, but I never got this posted from last week. He was trying to convince Breyer that eating a peanut butter cracker would help her nausea go away. "Breyer, just chew and chew and chew. Then it's like pudding, and you can swallow...I hate pudding." Kids do say the funniest things!


I was cooking chicken soup, for your sick siblings, and Breyer was watching me sprinkle spices over the pot. "Mom, you're acting like a witch. With her pot. And the gross stuff that bubbles." Sometimes when she goes to bed she's grumpy, and everything bothers her. Sometimes it's the boys' choice of music. Sometimes the room is too light because of the moon. Tonight she was hot. So Dad brought her a pack of frozen bacon. For her back. Too funny.

Sawyer was challenged in band...he fights every week to keep his third chair. Most challengers are 8th grade girls trying to get past the skinny 7th grade boy. He spent a good portion of today watching videos on different ways to tie ties. Sometimes he reminds me so much of Tanner.


Cooper had a jv tennis match...he won both games. His season is beginning to wind down. He helped a lady move, and brought home a lawn mower tractor with a trailer. It has a few things to fix, but he's on it. This would be amazing! Mowing the back third is tiring!

Porter didn't feel like he had much to write about. I missed hearing from him. He did mention that he didn't make the class championship in the last two dance reviews. He  knows he needs to answer your questions though!



Uncle Aaron and Anna drove two hours north to see Stevie play volleyball. How sweet is that? Anna's playing volleyball as well at Algonquin. Go Tomahawks! Love our family.

\
 Kayla is doing so well on her mission. This was my favorite thought of hers this week: "I finally understand now when people told me before my mission that missions are hard. I always thought they meant the rules and getting up early and working 14 hours a day with people constantly slamming doors in your face. That's not what makes a mission hard. It's the heartache you feel for these people and the hardships they go through and the heartbreak of someone you have grown to love when they decide they don't want to hear your message anymore. That's why a mission is hard, because you love the people unconditionally. I finally understand Christ's sacrifice and the scripture found in 2 Nephi 33:3 "For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry." "

Just so you remember the Lunenburg gang a little more clearly:

And those Hutchins.
Speaking of politics. They've decided to make a run of it.


It was nice to find THIS on Facebook:


And this: Can's believe she's a senior!



I found this quote in this month's visiting teaching message, by Elder L. Tom Perry: "We believe that strong traditional families are not only the basic units of a stable society, a stable economy, and a stable culture of values - but that they are also the basic units of eternity and of the kingdom and government of God. We believe that the organization and government of heaven will be built around families and extended families."For some reason this quote, and having your brother there, made me think of Scotland and their clans. They had the right idea about building their society around families. I'm thankful for our clan.

Lots of love.

Here's to your package arriving this week!

Mom

2 comments:

Bachland :) said...

Poor little Miller and Breyer, so sad when anyone is ill, they are just too cute to be sick!

shirlgirl said...

They had strep when I was there a few weeks ago. Not fun. Hope they feel better soon.