Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread Houses


Inspired by the beautiful creations we saw we embarked on the grand adventure of making our own gingerbread houses!

Somehow it was always easier when Mom was helping! My "glue" never comes out quite sticky enough.

I KNOW that there is more candy consumed than used for decorating. I KNOW that for sure.

We saved our Halloween candy, and our friends brought theirs, and everything needed to create anything was available.

Proof: Candy sampling in progress.

More proof.

Some finished creations...

other creations...


The grand prize winner!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the pretzel stars!! Nothing beats a little salty with a little sweet... Congrats Sis Bach!! (Are mom and dad there?!)

Becky said...

Gingerbread is something I have YET to embark upon. You are my hero for creating "FROM SCRATCH" gingerbread houses. Please help me overcome my fear. (maybe it's the ginger...and the fact that I can NOT stand the smell/taste of it? it's a pregnancy thing) ;)

shirlgirl said...

Awesome job, everyone, and congratulations, Ann. Looks like everyone had a fun time. I've never attempted to make a gingerbread house. Maybe some day.

Duncan Chaos said...

You are so brave, maybe it's that I am just too lazy!

Amy M. said...

You've inspired me to work on another fun Christmas project with the boys- but mainly to use all of the left over candy that we really don't need around. Love to be reminded of great ideas. Great job Ann!!

Alana said...

Hey,now thats a good look'n house. Reminds me of doing it with your boys in Tampa