Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Letter #97

Dear Family and Friends,


This week saw the end of Pres. Young´s tenure as mission president. And the arrival of Pres. Mazzagardi. Pres. Mazzagardi pulled a surprise and arrived a day early on Friday. I´ll be forever grateful for the Young´s service and the sacrifices they made to be here. I've learned a lot and have been eternally blessed. I am sure that the Mazzagardi´s will be fantastic and I am excited to meet them personally on Wednesday.

 

I also finished the Book of Mormon again this week. It is another blessing in my life. Every time I read it, my testimony grows. I know it teaches the precepts of our Heavenly Father. Following its teachings, we will not be led astray. I've been studying about repentance, and one part that struck me was in Ether 15.  Coriantumr, the wicked king, had been warned by the prophet Ether to repent, and after fighting wars and seeing countless deaths, he remembered what Ether said. It says, "He began to repent of the evil which he had done; he began to remember the words which had been spoken by the mouth of all the prophets, and he saw that they were fulfilled thus far, every whit; and his soul mourned and refused to be comforted."


We know what then happened. The entire nation was destroyed. Why? Because Coriantumr began to repent. He never finished the process, and never truly changed, only mourned. This was the moment where the history of that people was changed, and thousands would go on to die. We face pivotal moments too, where we can choose to repent or not. The scriptures teach us we only have two choices. Repent, or suffer. Repentance is not suffering, but not repenting is. To reach our destiny, we must walk the path of repentance, every day.

Love,

Elder Schenewark

No comments: