Wednesday, August 26, 2015

With All My Love

Dear Tanner, 
You might think this picture and my story that goes with it would be the most newsworthy thing that happened to me this week, but think again.


Hunter left this morning. It is not easier the second time around! Glad to get that off my chest. Still crying! He's so excited to be on his way, and to begin his adventure in Brazil via Utah. He has your black case, so be sure to grab it. Also, if you wouldn't mind, feed him lunch! And, if you have a few minutes on the way down, pull off in American Fork and let him meet Sis. Young, and give her a hug for us. She's been on our mind since her husband passed away.

We spent yesterday finishing Hunter's errands. Big bill at the store getting his last minute health and beauty products, medicines, umbrella, etc. He is funny! He took forever picking out a brand of shampoo! I don't think I knew this about Hunter's shopping methods. Ponder, stare, ponder, walk away because he felt crowded, walk back, ponder some more. If he shopped like he ate we could have been home hours sooner ;-)

He was set apart last night at 10:30 p.m. in the Stake President's chapel in Cleburne. Dad didn't finish teaching until 9 p.m., so President Carver left the stake center after his late night meetings and met us there.

We finished packing him up right before we left last night, and discovered he has lots of room! One whole side of his small suitcase is empty, except now it has your case. He travels light! Except for bedding, which is now provided, I'm not sure why he has so much more room than you? Maybe his large suitcase is a little bigger. Anyways, lots of room to pick up an item or two! All those white shirts you shared, and extra pants, and our five gallon bucket of ties, will be shared with a young man leaving on a mission this fall, with no family support. The gifts that keep on giving ;-)

Breyer helped by sitting in his suitcases and tubs, knowing we wanted the air squished out. Hopefully she didn't walk off with something we find later.

The boys' return to school, we're on day three, has a learning curve. Dad's been dropping off Porter at football, then Cooper at seminary, then heading straight to Tarleton by 7 a.m. I've been talking Miller and Sawyer to their schools, leaving at 7:15 a.m., then picking up Cooper from seminary,with a few extras, and dropping them off at the high school and ninth grade center. I get home just after 8 a.m. Now that Hunter's gone, Breyer will be going with us as well.

And that photo up above? Not my picture, as I had no camera, but what I saw coming home from the beach one evening with Breyer, and no camera. Except there were two of them. Hovering above those trees across from the beautiful horse farm. I stopped in the middle of the road, as no one else was around, and stared and stared. I finally drove past them a bit, to pull off into a parking lot, and they left. No sound. Should I have been scared? I wasn't. I was too busy trying to figure out what I was looking at. Dad is still excited, and had to show me the Stephenville UFO story by CNN

That's the update for now...have a wonderful time with your brother!

Lots of love,

Mom

No comments: