Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Children's Park of Tyler


"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord." 
The Children's Park of Tyler, TX is a special place to celebrate the lives of all children...including children who are no longer with us and children with special needs.


Throughout the park are trees, benches, and statues dedicated and in memory of children lost. 


These very large granite bears were hand carved in Barre, Vermont.


Jarrod's favorite statue, as his boys delight in frogs and ponds such as the one in which it was placed.


What would I inscribe so that others would remember my child?
Some of my favorites:
"They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."


In loving memory of our little blessing.


The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me.


Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.


Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.


The bond between mother and child is no secret, for it begins long before the baby is born.
Louisa May Alcott


And in a beautiful portion of the park, is...


...where we stopped to remember Ben.

2 comments:

shirlgirl said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. It is beautiful and very special. Thank you for sharing this visit with us.

Duncan Chaos said...

Amazing post Amy, love the pictures!