Wednesday, October 7, 2015

He's in Good Hands




Sister Toone and I wanted to let you know that your son, Elder Schenewark, has arrived safely at the Mission Office. Attached you will find two pictures that we thought you might enjoy. One is your missionary with Sister Toone and me, and the other is the group of missionaries with whom he arrived in the Arizona Tempe Mission.

We are so pleased to have Elder Schenewark serving in the Arizona Tempe Mission. Monday is Preparation Day at which time he will let you know his mailing address, the zone and district to which he is assigned, and the name of his trainer.

As we met with Elder Schenewark we stressed the principles of obedience, hard work and worthiness. This mission holds great potential for each missionary assigned. The members are strong and love these great Elders and Sisters. You can be assured they, and we, will do all possible to watch over your son. It is a very special responsibility we feel toward our missionaries. We want to see them enjoy a happy and successful mission.



Thank you for raising a son who has a desire to serve the Lord.

Sincerely yours,


President James L. Toone

JLT:sea

Dear Family,

Well I am here and making it. My health hasn't cooperated to the extent I wish but oh well. I do really wish I could have talked more, but that just wasn't going to happen. I did get my medicine finally
this evening so I'm hoping when I wake up I'll be feeling great and ready to go. The mission president and wife are great. I already have so much to say, but I'll wait until Monday, which will be my preparation day from now on. I just wanted to let you all know I'm doing okay and love you. And this is the mission address:

1871 East del Rio Drive
Tempe AZ 85282

The weather is perfect right now, Tempe is beautiful and tomorrow we will be going to the Mesa temple, which has been one of my favorite architecturally for years, so yeah can't complain. And, surprise!!! I'll be speaking Spanish here!!!! So I'll definitely be working hard on that here. Okay, that's it for now.

Love,

Elder Schenewark

2 comments:

Bachland :) said...

Wonderful days!!!! I leave the office in 2 hours to begin the next great journey, Tanner & Annemarie's wedding. It's a wonderful Schenewark week.

The Renaissance Man said...

:) ^^^ & SPANISH!!!